BEFORE YOU REGISTER - PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT ADVISORIES
Our pilgrimages will take you far from home and into a new environment. If you have mobility or medical concerns that you manage easily at home, you may find them challenging on a trip like this. Here's some information to help you decide if this type of trip works for you.
These trips involve physical activity. All travelers must be able to:
• walk for 30 minutes• climb 2 flights of stairs.• use local transport -- and get into and out of a bus or van on your own.
- Wheelchairs and rolling walkers will not work for you on these trips. More details on the terrain
- Canes and walking sticks are okay if you can walk for 30 minutes, climb two flights of stairs, and get into and out of vehicles on your own, as above.
Many of the drugs, treatments, and standards of care that we take for granted in North America are unavailable on these trips.
We will be traveling far from home. There will not be the same level of care available as in North America, and care might be far away from where you will be.
• be in good overall health.
• bring any needed medications. Refrigeration will not be available.
• be able to manage allergies to foods or to the environment.
BE SAFE. PLEASE CONSIDER A different TYPE OF TRIP IF:
- You cannot meet the physical requirements listed above.
- You have heart or other medical concerns that may require rapid treatment.
- You have serious medical problems that require medication to be refrigerated.
- You have severe allergic reactions to common foods or environmental conditions (dust, straw...).
- You have a very restricted diet for medical reasons.