The UU International Joint Working Group
UUA Presidential Candidates’ Statement about Our Global Unitarian/Universalist Faith
We, the undersigned candidates for President of the Unitarian Universalist Association, affirm:
- The rich diversity of our shared global Unitarian/Universalist faith in its many forms around the world;
- Underlying the diversity of our faith is a oneness that ties us together with bonds of history and affection;
- Unitarian/Universalism is a faith that the world desperately needs; therefore, we are committed to helping it grow;
- As the largest Unitarian/Universalist community in the world, the Unitarian Universalist Association has a special responsibility to nurture our faith globally--and the UUA needs to remain ever mindful of the history and continuing legacy of imperialism and colonialism that inevitably impacts American relationships with others around the world;
- The UUA’s continued engagement with the global Unitarian/Universalist community; and
- The UUA’s commitment to support and collaborate with the International Council of Unitarians and Universalists and the Unitarian Universalist Partner Church Council.
Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray Rev. Alison Miller Rev. Jeanne Pupke
This statement was an outgrowth of a conversation the Joint Working Group of Rev. Sara Ascher (International Council of Unitarians and Universalists), Rev. Eric Cherry (UUA International Office), and Rev. Roger Bertschausen (UU Partner Church Council) had with the UUA presidential candidates and senior UUA staff.